Friday, March 18, 2011

Finding E.T.

http://journalofcosmology.com/Life100.html

I'm tired of reading headlines like, "NASA Scientist Claims Evidence of Alien Life on Meteorite", especially when the alien life is just bacteria.

Listen, I understand finding living bacteria, or micro-fossils of bacteria on stuff in space is cool, and worthwhile to the scientific community. I get that. But they aren't aliens, at least not the colloquial definition of alien.

When I think about an alien I think skinny, clammy, gray things probing your bung-hole, mutilating cattle, and scorching corn fields. I think tentacled beasts in mile wide ships blowing up the White House, getting punched in the face by Will Smith.

I do not think of bacteria.

Until you guys find a planet (or asteroid) filled with a bunch of gerbil-sized or larger beings, don't bother me with these misleading headlines.

No comments:

Post a Comment